What is Sheng Hua Soup?
Sheng Hua Soup is a traditional Chinese herbal formula widely consumed by Asian women right after delivery. Moreover, this is a traditional Chinese herbal formula; which is prepared in the form of soup. Certainly, this aids in the expulsion of toxins, the discharge of lochia, and the revitalization of Qi and blood.
Due to the taxation of giving birth, the body will be deficient in both Qi and blood. However, these deficiencies that allow wind to invade the body causing postpartum cold and blood stasis.
Sheng Hua Soup can be translated as a “Generating and Transforming Decoction”; similarly defined as “Transforming” the old and “Generating” the new. “Transforming” represents the purification process (whereby toxins are expelled) and the restoration of the uterus to its original state. On the other hand, “Generating” represents the nourishment of the body to replenish nutrients, blood and Qi.
Above all, Sheng Hua Soup is able to treat conditions such as the retention of placental fragments within the uterus; lochioschesis, painful postpartum uterine contractions, and chronic endometritis.
More importantly, it is vital the women who have just given birth. For instance, during the first week of the confinement period, pay close attention to the purification of the toxins and the replenishment of nutrients for the body.
Sheng Hua Soup Consists of:
- Szehuan Lovage Root (Chuan Xiong)
- Semen Persicae (Tao Ren)
- Sliced Chinese Angelica (Dang Gui)
- Roasted Licorice Root (Zhi Gan Cao)
- Chinese Motherwort (Yi Mu Cao)
- Blast-fried Ginger (Pao Jiang)
- Carthamus Tinctorius (Hong Hua)
Sheng Hua Soup Benefits:
- It helps to clear lochia after childbirth and prevents uterine tumors from developing.
- Szehuan Lovage Root (Chuan Xiong) improves the flow of Qi, blood flow and relieves pain.
- Semen Persicae (Tao Ren) is to relieve pain, constipation; using this will give you benefits from anti coagulation, anti hypertensive, anti inflammation, detoxification, and anti-allergenic agent.
- Roasted Licorice Root (Zhi Gan Cao) invigorates Qi and nourishes Yin, promotes Yang and regulates pulse.
- Chinese Motherwort (Yi Mu Cao), if taken on a regular basis, improve abnormal menstrual cycles. Due to antispasmodic effects, Motherwort is helpful to restore uterine muscle tone after childbirth. Likewise having relaxing effects on the nervous system; furthermore, it is very effective in physical. As well as in emotional symptoms of premenstrual syndrome and menopause. By using Motherwort, this improves circulation, lower blood lipids, and reduce platelet aggregation. (Not for pregnancy stage)
In conclusion, Sheng Hua Soup plays a key part in helping postpartum women start their path in restoring their bodies to a healthy and sound state.
For nourishing, healthy confinement meals delivered lovingly to you, check out the delights via www.nouriche.sg today.
Like follow us on our social media at:
You deserve the best in your confinement!